|Corporate & Business||Eminent Domain|
|Real Estate||Tax Appeals|
Richard S. Israel brings his broad experience in business and real estate to every matter to solve problems and maximize value to his clients. Having worked as in-house counsel for both privately held and publicly traded Fortune 500 companies, Rich is keenly able to view each transaction from the perspective of his client. He knows the importance of providing his clients prompt, thorough and results-driven service.
Rich has considerable experience in all phases of residential and commercial real estate practice, from initial site evaluation through land acquisition, due diligence, approvals, closing, community associations, sales and leases. Rich has also practiced extensively in the field of eminent domain by representing clients at various stages of condemnation proceedings from initial negotiations through the appeal of the commissioner's award of just compensation.
Rich helps clients achieve their business goals by forming companies, negotiating and drafting business acquisition agreements, financing documents and other contracts. Rich also helps clients identify, evaluate and minimize risks inherent in each transaction and business operation (such as human resources procedures and the protection of intellectual property), while never losing sight of his client’s ultimate business objectives.
Examples of Rich’s work include:
- Negotiated and drafted several leases for office and retail space in a Class A development in Princeton, New Jersey.
- Represented authors in connection with book publishing deals.
- Represented an automotive specialty shop in the purchase of property in Camden County, including financing from the Small Business Administration and preparing a lease with a tenant.
- Represented the owner in the sale of a warehouse in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Assisted a developer remediating a landfill to obtain Hazardous Discharge Site Remediation Fund grants from the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection.
- On behalf of the owner of an apartment complex, obtained an agreement by New Jersey Bureau of Housing Inspections to withdraw a violations notice which misapplied the applicable regulations.
- Obtained use variance and site plan approval for the operator of a specialty truck assembly facility and represented the operator through all phases of the property acquisition, including environmental due diligence and financing issues.
- Represented trade association in connection with formation and obtaining federal tax exemption status.
- Prepared independent contractor agreement and employee handbook for a South Jersey based marketing firm.
- Represented the purchaser in connection with the acquisition of the assets of an auto repair facility and a long term real property lease in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Represented a court-appointed receiver in connection with sales of commercial real estate pending foreclosure actions.
- Negotiated agreements with several utility companies throughout the United States on behalf of a company which services hand held meter-reading devices.
J.D., with honors, 1984, Rutgers University School of Law
B.A., with high honors, 1981, Political Science, Rutgers University
Honors and Affiliations
Recognized as a 2013 Top Rated Lawyer in Land Use and Zoning by LexisNexis/Martindale-Hubell.
AV rated in Martindale Hubbell
Rutgers Law Journal
Mr. Israel is admitted to practice in New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
Mr. Israel is a Paul Harris Fellow of Rotary International through the Haddon Heights Rotary Club. In his younger days, Mr. Israel spent a great deal of time playing ice hockey and coached the JV team at Holy Cross High School; lately, however, he hopes to improve his golf game at Tavistock Country Club, where he is an Active Member.
To contact Mr. Israel, please call our office at 856-354-7700 or e-mail him at email@example.com.